Tuesday, February 14, 2012

JAY SWING #10


Tape #10. This one is half '93 and half '94 and is one of my favourite tapes. 1993/94 is the only era that can fuck with 1988/89 in my books. This tape has blends, doubles, b-sides, and exclusives (the Rascalz were the first group to give me some unreleased advanced music). Favourite tracks: M.O.P.'s "How About Some Hardcore", Black Moon's "I Gotcha Opin" remix, Nas' "It Ain't Hard To Tell", and Tribe's "Oh My God". Honourable mention: Gangstarr's "Mass Appeal", De La & Biz's "Lovely How I Let My Mind Float", Shyhiem "On & On", and Big L's "Devil's Son". There isn't anything on this tape I wish I had left off, although I interviewed Extra Prolific for my radio show around this time and he was a super dick so for that reason alone he get's the 'Gas Face' award. His song was dope though.


JAY SWING #10 (Side A) - Download




JAY SWING #10 (Side B) - Download