Sunday, February 26, 2012

JAY SWING #23 "Giant Size"


Tape #23 (1998). I'm a Michael Jordan stan, a sneaker head, and this was my 23rd tape. Add Mars Blackmon and a title that makes sense and this was the easiest cover concept to come up with! The top dog on this tape is hands down Mobb Deep "Quiet Storm". This is the bootleg version that doesn't have the chorus in it which for my money is how it should have stayed. Eminem & Royce "Nuttin' To Do", Pacewon "I Declair War", and Nas "Nas Is Like" are all close seconds. I couldn't tell you who Da Matrix or Deadly Snakes are but apparently I thought enough of them in '98 to put their songs on this tape. Either that, or a record rep got at me and promised some drops or exclusives from an a-list artist in exchange for giving this groups some burn - maybe both actually. Doesn't matter though because this tape is all about that cover art! (Air Jordan 1's, 3's, and 4's are the three illest sneakers of all time)


JAY SWING #23 "Giant Size" (Side A) - Download




JAY SWING #23 "Giant Size" (Side B) - Download