Wednesday, February 15, 2012

JAY SWING #12


Tape #12. This marks the first time an artist opened a tape for me with Checkmate blessing the intro. I think I may have actually sold some of these tapes at the Groove Shop in North Van (and listening back to the tape I probably owe some people some money). Favourite tracks: O.C.'s "Times Up", Black Moon's "Buck Em Down" remix, O.K.'s "Stress" remix, Common's "I Used To Love H.E.R." and Biggie's "Unbelievable". Honourable mention: Mobb Deep's "Shook Ones" (Part 1), King Tee "Dippin'", Pete Rock & CL Smooth's "I Gotta Love", and DJ Premier's remix of M.O.P.'s "Rugged Neva Smooth". 5One6's "Mystic Microfon" gets the 'song I loved but I don't think anybody else knew about' award (whatever happened to dude? his whole 12inch was dope).


JAY SWING #12 (Side A) - Download



JAY SWING #12 (Side B) - Download